We are looking forward to spending time with you beginning on Sunday, June 24th! Please read the following information carefully.
SUNY Buffalo State College
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222
- All convention events will be held in Rockwell Hall with the exception of Sunday registration, the opening reception, and the banquet, which will be held in the Science and Mathematics Complex Atrium.
- Rockwell Hall is an older building, rich with Buffalo charm. We encourage you to layer, as some rooms have air conditioning but some do not.
Hotel Henry (Convention Hotel):
Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center is located at the Corner of Rockwell Road & Cleveland Circle, Buffalo, NY 14213. When you arrive, go to the second floor reception desk to check in.
On-Campus Housing at Moore Complex:
- Check in and check out: On the day of your check-in, please call the On-Duty Resident at 716-878-4848 to arrange receiving your keys and check-in information. Please call that same number to check out and return your keys.
- Rooms and Amenities: A reminder that there is no air conditioning in the dorm - we encourage you to bring a fan if possible. Each dorm room is part of a two to four room apartment suite, which includes single and double rooms, a general living space, and a bathroom. We have assigned you to rooms based on your room selection type but please note that you may be sharing an apartment with other convention attendees.
- Linens: Bed linens, towels, and washcloths will be provided.
- Directions: For your reference, Moore Complex can be located on the attached campus map.
- Parking: Free overnight parking is available in lot-39.
Excursion: We still have spots for the Monday afternoon excursion. Please note that only 40 people can fit on the bus, so please sign up asap to secure a spot! https://convention.ecmma.org/Convention-Update/excursion-experience-buffalo-renaissance
Convention Program: The convention program is attached to this email.
Registration and Opening Reception on Sunday, June 24 from 5-8 pm:
Please join us in the Science and Mathematics Complex Atrium for our opening reception and concert!
- 5-7 pm: Registration, hors D'oeuvres, and cash bar
- 7-8 pm: Opening convention remarks and concert featuring the Buffalo Niagara Youth Choir
Daily parking will be free in all student, faculty, and the Burchfield Penney Art Center lots on campus, excluding metered spaces and those with reserved parking signs.
Buffalo State College is an urban campus. Though the campus is located in a residential neighborhood, we recommend that you use general street smarts, such as not walking around alone at night and keeping an eye on your possessions.
An opening reception with hors d'oeuvres on Sunday evening and banquet dinner on Tuesday evening is included in the cost of registration. Aside from this shared meal, participants will be responsible for their own food. A variety of dining options are located on or close to campus:
- The Burchfield Penney Art Center Cafe is located next to Rockwell Hall, across Rockwell Road: https://www.burchfieldpenney.org/visit/the-museum-cafe/
- The Albright Knox Art Gallery Cafe is located across the street from Rockwell Hall (closed on Monday): https://www.albrightknox.org/visit/ak-cafe
- The Terrace at Delaware Park (reservations strongly recommended for dinner): http://terracebuffalo.com/
- 100 Acres: The Kitchens at Hotel Henry (includes to-go coffee and pastries; reservations recommended for dinner): https://www.100acresbflo.com/
- Panos on Elmwood: https://panosonelmwood.com/
- Coles Restaurant: http://colesonelmwood.com/
- India Gate: https://www.indiagatebuffalony.com/
- Ashkers (open until 8 pm only): http://www.ashkersbuffalo.com/welcome-2/
- Starbucks in Campbell Student Union Bookstore (open 8:30 to 3:30 pm on weekdays only)
- Feeling ambitious? Take an Uber downtown to Allen Street or Ellicott Street to enjoy additional exceptional restaurants!
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothing to move
- Ukulele for the Tuesday jam session (if you have one)
- A sense of wonder!
Special Accommodations: Should you require any special accommodations, please contact Kerry Renzoni at email@example.com prior to the convention to discuss options.
See you on Sunday!
Kerry Renzoni, Vice President of Convention Program
Heather Waters, Managing Director