Call For Proposals
Submit your session proposals for the 2014 ECMMA convention by December 1. CLICK HERE to submit your proposal.
For proposal guidelines and more information you can DOWNLOAD the official Call for Proposals.
ECMMA 2014 Grow in Harmony Convention
Join the harmony in Atlanta!
- Four choices of breakout tracks: Movement, Music Therapy, Pedagogy and Research.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Joyce Jordan-DeCarbo She was recently inducted into the Florida Music Educators Association (FMEA) Hall of Fame for her outstanding contributions over an extended period of time to music education.
- Early Childhood Special Research Interest Group (EC SRIG) of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) is joining us to share their peer-reviewed research.
Join the harmony and learn from prominent Early Childhood Music Specialists:
- John Feierabend, First Steps in Music &Conversational Solfege
- Ken Guilmartin, Music Together
- Jill Hannagan, Musikgarten
- Lynn Kleiner, Music Rhapsody
- Carol Penney, Kindermusik
- Suzi Tortora, Board Certified Dance Movement Therapist
Join the fun and stay at the Simpsonwood Conference and Retreat Center in the secluded woodlands in the heart of metropolitan Atlanta. With modest room rates and delicious meals, even if you live in the area, you will want to stay overnight to enjoy the full benefits of the convention including evening sessions and activities as well as the opportunity for informal learning and sharing. If you choose to stay off grounds and commute to the convention, there is a commuter fee that covers your use of the facility and includes lunch, dinner and a snack. This fee is not optional and is in addition to the ECMMA Convention fee.
Who should join the harmony?
All those who work with young children (birth - age seven) and are interested in incorporating music and movement in their work:music educators, music therapists, movement educators, dance professors, teachers, students, preschool teachers, physical education teachers, early childhood educators and specialists to name a few!
Come to grow and get the credit you need!
Georgia: Bright from the Start
Graduate Credit, CEUs and CMTEs are available for your professional development. Additional fees will apply
Come to grow by presenting a breakout session in one of the 4 interest tracks:Movement, Music Therapy, Pedagogy or Research. Click here for the Call for Proposals.
Come early or stay late to enjoy Atlanta’s many attractions including Stone Mountain, GA Aquarium, Coca-Cola Museum, and the new, giant Sky View Atlanta Ferris Wheel, almost 20 stories high!
April 18, 2014: Early Bird Registration pricing ends. After this date the preferred housing in the Brooks Lodge is not guaranteed.
Sunday, June 22, 2014: 3:30 pm – Convention check-in begins. General session begins at 6:30 pm.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014: Closing Session, Convention ends at 12 pm
Why play a solo when you can join the harmony and grow with us!